04 May 5 characteristics of domain name
A domain names has a lot of importance in a website’s success. There are a number of factors you should consider while choosing a domain name. You have to take care of minute characteristics for a good domain name. A domain name of your website design has to be attractive. Below are 5 characteristics of domain name which you should go across for choosing a good domain name.
- Short and compact – Domains should be short, quick and informative. Nowadays, the domain names with single words have been sold out and these websites have gained huge success. Longer the domain name, more the people will get confused.
- Easily memorized – Do not include any kind of difficult or confusing words in your domain. Use such domain name which people can easily keep in mind the next time they want to browse your website. Use words which have easy spelling.
- .com extension – .com extension is the post popular and successful extension. .com extension is a usual extension that people are used to. Websites which meant for local regions can use domains like .co.uk, .in, .pk, etc.
- Informative – Your domain name should speak something about your website in short words. Let it be compact but descriptive.
- Avoid hyphens, symbols and numbers – Use of hyphens and numbers in a domain name unnecessarily causes trouble to the user while remembering the name and while typing. Thus, avoid using them and keep even your domain name user friendly.