19 Apr How to choose a right website hosting company?
With the growth of website development, the growth of web hosting companies is also increasing. All the web hosting companies also have a competitive edge. Many companies offer a free domain name with special discount packages. Many offer a large disk space and bandwidth to the customers too. But all these things are fine. There are certain basic things you should know while buying a web hosting. They are –
- Server backups – Since it is technology, things might go wrong while updating or modifying. Thus, make sure you have backups along with your web hosting. If the web hosting company is not providing it to you in your package, buy separate backups.
- Validity – Read the terms and conditions properly and go through the validity period of your account. Do not ignore the terms even if the company is offering you a lot of free stuff.
- Server uptime – It is an important element that should come along with your web hosting package. A website which is down for long time will let your customers down and it will affect your business.
- Price – Browse for all the web hosting companies and compare their prices for all packages on the basis of validity duration, storage of the disk offered etc.
- Help desk – Go for a web hosting company which has a good customer service desk. This enables you an immediate technical help whenever required.
- Compatibility with programming languages – Most of the web hosting companies offer compatibility with PHP only, but it is necessary that your web hosting supports all the major programming languages too.