24 Apr Linux web hosting vs. Windows web hosting – Which one should you choose?
From a long period of time, there is a competition on between Linux and windows web hosting. Both have equivalent advantages. Linux web hosting is known for its popularity and windows web hosting is known for supporting a wide range of programming frameworks.
Here are the advantages of Linux web hosting –
- Linux web hosting is accessible everywhere and to everyone due to open software code writing.
- It is very convenient as it can be easily downloaded from anywhere, copied and modified as per our requirements.
- Linux web hosting is cost effective. And the entire linux web hosting package includes a variety of server applications.
- Moreover, Linux web hosting is easy and user friendly to use.
Disadvantage of Linux web hosting –
- It doesn’t support most of the Window based applications.
Here are the disadvantages of Windows web hosting –
- Windows web hosting is the best option for .NET or Visual basic framework.
- Another advantage is that it supports Microsoft Front page extensions also.
- Microsoft web hosting is also a good option for .ASP and other Dynamically Database Driven Pages.
- Users get a fast access to windows web hosting and very easy to use due to its friendly format.
The main disadvantage of Windows web hosting is that is not cost-effective and huge costs are required for licensing of various Windows related technology. Most website design companies are preferring Linux hosting in recent times.